Yoga Wall Training
Yoga Wall Training
with Dr. Alison McLean DPT, E-RYT, C-IAYT and Elia Nikolaev E-RYT, YTRX
Yoga Wall Level I: April 24-26, 2020
Why get YOGA WALL certified?
- Discover a new, exciting way to practice and teach Yoga
- Add to your teaching repertoire and define your niche
- Enrich your skill set and become more knowledgeable and confident by studying alignment principles, injury prevention and healing
- Build credibility within your community as a teacher that draws from other methodological perspectives
- Learn to help your students relieve back pain, recover from injuries and chronic pain - whether in group classes or individual sessions
- Promote mindful movement, optimal alignment and back health through the spinal traction and decompression capabilities of the Yoga Wall
- Attract more students and diversify your class offerings
- History, purpose & benefits of the Yoga Wall
- Anatomy, physiology, and bio-mechanics in relation to the Yoga Wall
- Traditional Yoga postures utilizing the Yoga Wall: standing poses, inversions, twists, backbends, forward bends
- How to teach using the Yoga Wall and design a themed class (i.e. scoliosis, low-back pain)
- Alignment & adjustment cues to deepen practice and teaching
- Create an ambiance that promotes awareness and healing
- Independent Project to deepen your own grasp and understanding of the Yoga Wall
Upon completion, you'll be able to teach a Yoga Wall/Yoga for a Healthy Back class.
Saturday, April 25: 11:45am-4:45pm and 6:30pm-8:30pm
Sunday, April 26: 11:45am-4:45pm
(15-hour Certification: 14 contact hours + 1 hour non-contact homework assignment)
$350 early registration by April 1, 2020
$425 Full Tuition
$350 PYTT Alumni Rate
*Inquire for a discount if you've taken a Wall TT with us before.
$150 non-refundable deposit required with registration. Payment plans available.
Refunds available less $150 non-refundable deposit 2 weeks before the course. After that, credit can be applied towards any future course.
About the Teachers
Dr. Alison McLean, DPT, E-RYT, C-IAYT is a Doctor of Physical Therapy, Yoga Therapist & Teacher. She is part of Prana's 200hr & 300hr Teacher Training faculty with a focus on Yoga anatomy, injury prevention, the Yoga Wall and Yoga Therapeutics. A skilled, experienced teacher, passionate Yogi and owner of a PT clinic, she combines her background as a physical therapist with Yoga and successfully teaches workshops and trainings locally and nationally. Her approach to Yoga Therapeutics is holistic and comprehensive, reaching beyond the physical. Learn more at http://www.ignitewellnesssandiego.com/
Elia Nikolaev E-RYT, YTRX is senior Yoga Teacher & Yoga Therapist based in North County, San Diego. He obtained his first teaching certification in 2006 and has studied extensively in the Iyengar and Ashtanga lineages. Elia completed a 2-year Teacher Training in Yoga Therapy with Larry Payne, MD and Lori Rubenstein Fazzio, DPT at Loyola Marymount University, which culminated in an invaluable clinical internship. He is also a certified Happy Back Yoga teacher. Some of his most influential teachers & mentors include Roger Cole, PhD, Richard Freeman, Carolyn Belko and Usha Devi of Rishikesh, India. In 2013, a 7-month study at the Iyengar Institute in India (RIMYI) with the Iyengar family and their teachers has allowed him to understand and refine his own grasp on the subject and lay the framework for creating his own classes, workshops and trainings. Learn more at http://therapeuticvinyasayoga.com.
"I'm so grateful for my experience of my Yoga Wall Training at Prana Yoga Center under Alison and Elia. Alison and Elia are incredible teachers! They have given me invaluable education in my therapeutic Yoga Wall training both as a practitioner and as a teacher. They have also remained a great resource offering continued support in learning about Yoga as well as teaching my own Yoga Wall class. I highly recommend taking this course." Jennifer Eddo RYT500