New dates coming soon!
In this weekend immersion and teacher training with Yoga Therapist Shauna MacKay, E-RYT, you'll be skillfully guided and learn to teach the healing form of Restorative Yoga with confidence - whether you are a new Yoga instructor or a “seasoned” veteran ready to expand your current teaching skills and repertoire.
Restorative Yoga is a simple yet highly effective system for relaxing the body, quieting the mind and nourishing the spirit. Accessible to students of all ages, levels and body types, Restorative Yoga is convenient and approachable and an invaluable stress reduction tool for everyday life. Restorative Yoga uses props to support the body into a position of ease and comfort to facilitate both relaxation and health. Therapeutic in nature, this quiet practice releases the inner grip of your muscular, emotional and energetic layers. The result is a clearer mind, softer heart and renewed sense of vitality and aliveness.
Shauna will share her extensive training, therapeutic experience and heartfelt approach to help you learn the tools to teach Restorative Yoga with confidence.
- How to teach classic Restorative Yoga postures
- How to use props to enhance the relaxation response
- Adjustments and verbal cues to deepen the practice
- Benefits of Restorative Yoga
- The Relaxation Response: the science of relaxation
- The Polyvagal Theory: Understanding the Autonomic
- How to create an environment for healing and awareness
- A take home assignment designed to help you deepen your knowledge and elevate your confidence.
Open to certified Yoga teachers, interested students, wellness and healthcare professionals, school teachers.
(17 contact + 5 non-contact homework assignment)
Friday, May 10: 1:30pm-4:30pm and 6:30-8:30pm
Saturday, May 11: 12pm-5pm and 6:30-8:30pm
Sunday, May 12: 12pm-5pm