Yin Yoga Teacher Training
Yin Yoga Foundations: April 12-14, 2024
We invite certified Yoga teachers to join us in a weekend immersion and get certified to teach Yin Yoga!
Welcome to the transformative realm of Yin Yoga, where the art of stillness becomes a powerful antidote to the bustling Yang energies that often dominate our daily existence. Rooted in the philosophy that Yin energy embodies the feminine essence and a sense of surrender, Yin Yoga invites practitioners to delve into prolonged, tranquil postures that target the less elastic tissues of the body.
Accessible to all levels, Yin Yoga teaches supported poses held for 1-6 minutes, directing its focus to the deeper layers of the body—fascia, ligaments, joints, and bones. These integral tissues provide structure, shape, and fluidity to our movements, making the practice a cornerstone for holistic well-being.
Embark on a journey that promises a myriad of benefits, including enhanced circulation, improved joint mobility, fortified bone health, and relief from discomfort. Beyond the physical, Yin Yoga acts as a harmonizing force for the mind and body, alleviating stress and anxiety while revitalizing the flow of prana, the life force within. The practice's mindful union of body and breath fosters a gradual calming of the nervous system, stillness, patience, and compassion—a profound parallel to our lives beyond the mat. Join us in exploring the enriching dimensions of Yin Yoga and cultivating a deeper connection to the art of letting go.
This 22-Hour Yin Yoga Immersion & Teacher Training course includes:
- The history of Yin Yoga- Yin vs Yang Philosophy- Benefits of Yin Yoga- Anatomy & Physiology of practicing Yin Yoga- Overview of the Meridian and organ systems and how they relate to Yin Yoga,together with an understanding of Chakra energy points- Posture lab lecture: in-depth discussion of various Yin poses, target areas,counter indicators, modifications, alternatives, counter poses
- Explore Yin yoga through guided sessions- Teaching methodology: demonstration, instruction, observation, modifications,alternatives, cueing, counter poses, using props, sequencing, philosophy
Learn how to teach with confidence:- Practice teaching opportunities with peers- Sample Yin Yoga sequences- At home assignment
- A Certificate of Completion. Yoga Alliance CEUs available.
This course will help you:
- Understand the principles of Yin Yoga
- Give you the foundation to teach Yin Yoga with confidence
- Diversify your class offerings
- Learn how to skillfully work with modifications
- Develop stillness, depth and mindfulness in your own and your students' practice
Continue Your Education
22 hours of Yoga Alliance continuing education credits (17 contact hours and 5 non-contact).
- Friday, April 12: 6:30pm-9:30pm
- Saturday, April 13: 1:00pm - 8:30pm (w/ breaks)
- Sunday, April 14: 12:00pm-6:30pm (w/ breaks)
17 contact + 5 non-contact hours
$475 early registration by March 15, 2024
$545 full tuition
$475 PYTT alumni rate
*$150 non-refundable deposit required to reserve a space. Space is limited.
Refunds available less $150 non-refundable deposit up to 2 weeks before the course start date, (minus nominal processing fee). After that, credit can be applied towards a future course.
She loves to travel and experience new cultures and places. She grew up in Sweden, but moved to California during the 90s. She has lived and taught yoga in California, New York and also several years in Australia. She now lives in San Diego, CA with her loving husband and amazing twin daughters. www.yasminspringeryoga.com
“Taking Yasmin’s classes is always a joy! Her breezy and calm nature is felt by all as she creates a beautiful Yoga practice that is fun, energetic and playful, all while maintaining space, non-judgement and serenity. I feel joy and harmony after I have practiced with Yasmin.”“Thank you for sharing your wisdom and experience. Your grace, passion, depth of knowledge and amazing sense of peace was always so inspiring.”“Yasmin was my favorite Yoga teacher! I just loved the way she taught her classes, how much love, kindness and devotion she put in every single of her classes. We could see and feel her love for Yoga and how caring she was towards us, her students.“I do love your Yoga classes as you have a way of combining the elegance and strength in Yoga practices, and effortlessly you make both the spiritual and physical aspects of the exercise appealing through demonstrations. You are a wise teacher who exudes confidence and grace that a student would love to follow.”“Prana’s trainings are full of great information and bring together wonderful groups of people. I appreciate the energy of the teachers and the studio and recommend to new and seasoned teachers.”