Yin Yoga Teacher Training
Now Enrolling! February 3-5, 2023
We invite certified Yoga teachers to join us in a weekend immersion and get certified to teach Yin Yoga!
Yin Yoga is a practice in stillness that can provide balance to the more active Yang energies that tend to dominate our lives. Yin energy is thought to represent the feminine, the earth, and passivity. It is the practice of surrendering into deeper, less elastic tissues of the body for longer, quiet holds. Easily accessible for all levels, in Yin Yoga supported poses are held for 1-6 minutes and target the deeper tissues of the body (fascia, ligaments, joints & bones). These are the tissues that hold our body together, give it shape and create fluidity in our movements.
Benefits of Yin Yoga include increased circulation, improved joint mobility & bone health, and decreased pain. Yin Yoga is also known to balance the mind and body, reduce stress and anxiety, energize and improve the flow of prana (life force). Through the mindful surrender of the body and breath, over time the nervous system tends to calm. As a mirror for our lives off the mat, the Yin practice cultivates a student's relationship with stillness, patience and compassion.
This 22-Hour Yin Yoga Immersion & Teacher Training course includes:
- The history and philosophy of Yin Yoga
- Foundational anatomy and physiology as it relates to Yin Yoga
- A brief overview of how structural differences in the body impact a student’s 'ability' to find a pose
- The physical, mental and energetic benefits of Yin Yoga
- A discussion of Paul Grilley’s 'Yin Yoga Archetypes'
- An overview of Yin poses, including suggested alternatives and the use of props
- Daily Yin Yoga practice & the art of sequencing and' cueing'
- Opportunities to practice teach with peers
- Sample Yin Yoga class sequences
- A Certificate of Completion
- An at-home worksheet assignment to solidify your understanding & confidence
This course will help you:
- Teach Yin Yoga with confidence
- Diversify your class offerings
- Learn how to skillfully work with modifications
- Develop stillness, depth and mindfulness in your and your student's practice
- Understand the principles of a Yin practice & creative sequencing
Continue Your Education
22 hours of Yoga Alliance continuing education credits (17 contact hours and 5 non-contact).
- Friday, Feb. 3: 6:30pm-9:30pm
- Saturday, Feb. 4: 1:00pm - 8:30pm (w/ breaks)
- Sunday, May 5: 12:00pm-6:30pm (w/ breaks)
17 contact + 5 non-contact hours (homework assignment)
$425 early registration by January 10, 2023
$499 full tuition
$425 PYTT alumni rate
*$150 non-refundable deposit required to reserve a space. Space is limited.
Refunds available less $150 non-refundable deposit up to 2 weeks before the course start date (01/20,/2023, minus nominal processing fee). After that, credit can be applied towards a future course.
Her years of teaching have included many studios throughout San Diego, full-time instruction at Rancho La Puerta in Tecate, BC, Mexico, online through the Insight Timer app, and working with students therapeutically one-on-one. Stacey enjoys empowering her students to go inward and connect to the calm, safe place that exists within them. Her passion is using ancient practices to help people therapeutically so that they may find true, deep healing.
“Stacey is a gentle soul who is extremely knowledgeable, compassionate, and intuitive. She is beyond effective as a teacher. With her guidance, I have learned that Yoga is much more than physical practice; it is about how to approach each day in a healthy, positive way, paying attention to mind, body, and emotions and making healthy personal decisions based on these observations.”
“Stacey is exceptional and very knowledgeable. The information and delivery of it was above par. I would gladly take another training from Stacey!”
” What a great training! I love this studio and appreciate anything the studio and instructors bring to the community.”“Stacey’s Yin Yoga Training was informative, organized and welcoming. It was put together and executed so well that I feel comfortable to teach Yin classes soon.”“This training changed my perspective of a Yin Yoga class. I liked it before the training, now I love Yin and am more aware of my body in my practice.”
“Prana’s trainings are full of great information and bring together wonderful groups of people. I appreciate the energy of the teachers and the studio and recommend to new and seasoned teachers.”