Yin Yoga is the practice of surrendering into deeper, less elastic tissues of the body for longer, quiet holds. The postures are used to “get into” the body rather than using the body to get into particular shape or posture.
Simple poses, held still for 1-6 minutes can safely and effectively stretch, stress and strengthen the connective tissues. These are the tissues that hold our body together, give it shape and create fluidity in our movements. This increasingly popular yoga style is finding a passionate following with both fit and physical athletes, as well as the aging population looking to maintain posture, joint health and fluid mobility.
In addition, the extended time spent in Yin postures can loosen long held contractions freeing and energizing the body and mind. The practice encourages self-awareness and mindfulness that often spills over into everyday life.
This 22-Hour Yin Yoga Immersion & Teacher Training course includes:
• The Physical, Mental and Energetic benefits of Yin Yoga
• Anatomy and Physiology of Yin Yoga
• An introduction to the Neuromyofascial Web (Fascia)
• An understanding of movement limitation (compression vs. tension) and the role of individual structural variations in flexibility
• Theories and practices for the Energy Body including Prana, Qi (Chi), meridians, chakras and other energy systems
• The use of props, verbal cues and demonstrations to guide your students to their “sweet spot”
• An overview of a variety of Yin poses including some wall and upper body asanas
• Sequencing for athletes, middle aged and older adults
• How to create an environment for inner reflection and transformation
• A Certificate of Completion with attendance in all “contact” training hours
• A take home assignment designed to help you deepen your knowledge and elevate your confidence
This course will help you:
- Teach Yin Yoga with confidence
- Work confidently with Yoga students & athletes
- Attract more students and diversify your class offerings
- Develop Stillness, Depth and Mindfulness
- Look better, feel better and sleep like a baby
- Help the boomers and the millenials
Continue Your Education
22 hours of Yoga Alliance continuing education credits (17 contact hours and 5 non-contact).
- Friday: 1:30pm-4:30pm and 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Saturday: 11:45am-4:45pm and 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Sunday: 11:45pm-4:45pm
17 contact + 5 non-contact homework assignment
$499 early registration by January 15, 2019
$549 Full Tuition
$449 PYTT Alumni Rate
*$150 non-refundable deposit required to reserve a space.
Space is limited.
“Very well organized, helpful information that was presented in an easy manner. Shauna is approachable and easy to connect with.” ~ Ghada O.“Shauna is an absolute delight as my introduction to Yin Yoga, very easy to understand instruction, amazing.” ~ Yolanda B.“Interactive, structured, yet light and adapted to students’ questions. Knowledgeable instructor. ~ Alison D“Respectful of time; well organized; great energy from Shauna. ~ Ellie G.
ABOUT SHAUNA MACKAY
Shauna MacKay, B.P.E., E-RYT, C-IAYT, is an inspiring and passionate teacher. Known to bring a depth of knowledge and intention to her classes that take students far beyond the physical practice. With a background in athletics and trained in therapeutics, students from a wide variety of levels find a place in her class. Shauna is a teacher’s teacher, with a passion for teaching and fueled by a commitment to never stop learning. She is a graduate of YogaWorks 200 & 300 Teacher Training programs. Additionally, she has acquired several advanced qualifications and certifications: Judith Hanson Lasater’s Relax and Renew© Advanced trainer, Integrative Restoration – iRest© Yoga Nidra training, Yin Yoga, Urban Zen Integrative Therapy Program, Yogaworks Restorative Teacher Training – Level 2, Yoga of the Heart© Cardiac and Cancer Certification, Yoga of Awareness Cancer Training at Duke Integrative Medicine; Yoga for a Happy Back Certification, Dr. Yang’s Yoga for Cancer, Chakra Yoga and Street Yoga. She is mentor and faculty member in the Yogaworks 300 Professional Teacher Training program. She is a trained Master Integrative Coach and a member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists.